Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Wednesday


We had school this morning.  Elijah had his long time and we did science experiments.  This time we sort of dealt with light refraction...hemade pencils look like they were bending in water, made an arrow change directions when looking through a glass of water, made a smiley face wink with the opposite eye than the one it was drawn winking, and then he made a rainbow appear when shining a flashlight through a glass of water.  He also showed me what he learned at the equator.  Put water in a glass and drop in some blades of grass and if you are in the northern hemisphere they will spin clockwise.  When they were in Africa and at the equator, they stepped across to the Southern 
Hemisphere and the grass spun in a counter-clockwise direction.  And...when you put the glass exactly on the equator the pieces of grass don't spin at all!  Talk about a hands-on lesson!  

While I was having school, Woody headed off for his anemia and B-12 shots.  I decided that he should try to get out of bloodwork there by taking the results of yesterday's bloodwork done at Vanderbilt.  And, they accepted those records, since they had just been done yesterday.  So I saved him at least one stick of a needle by suggesting that he take those with him.  I printed them off while I read with one of the children.  I like being able to print wirelessly from my iPad from anywhere in the house!  

I talked with Cheryl for a while this afternoon.  We hadn't talked in a while.  We had to catch up with each other! While I was talking with her, our landline rang and it was the place where Woody took our green car to be worked on.  They told him what they needed to do and Woody agreed for them to 
do it!  Amazingly enough not much to be done...change a belt and add some fluids.  It should be ready tomorrow and we will be back to being a two-car family once again!

Later in the afternoon I headed back to work on the bathroom.  I put all the hardware back up.  I have the towels washing...figured that they could use a good refreshing.  I still have to hang things back on the walls.  I think that I will wait for Nathan to hang up the mirror as it is a bit heavy and a bit awkward for me to raise it high enough and get it attached to its hanger.  I had to have him get it down so think that I will let him work in reverse as well!  And, I have to carry the hamper and the wastebasket back in there as well and it will be done!  Oh...and hang the shower curtain.  I think that I will wash it too...but I wasn't ready to hang it as soon as it would have gotten washed tonight so will wash it with another load of towels another day!  But the hard part of getting all the towel racks screwed back into the walls and the shower curtain rod back up is done...a good thing!  

Woody worked some more on the gardens today.  He got one upside-down hanging tomato plant planted today.  I got to help him hang it.  Though it isn't in its permanent place as it needs more sun than where we put it today.  His hands are looking so much better just from a day of protecting them from exposure to the sun.  He definitely learned something valuable at Vanderbilt yesterday.  He is glad to know what was causing his hand problem and be able to keep it from happening again...hat, long sleeve shirts, and gloves!


No comments:

Post a Comment