Friday, April 12, 2019

Confessions of an Unobservant Grammy!

Joy got her braces off on Wednesday and it has taken me till today to realize it!  What a radiant smile!  Today she got her retainers.  I got her picture when she was eating so the top retainer is out.  The bottom retainer is a permanent one.  For the moment no one is in braces in their household!  I guess Esther is next...sometime in the Fall.  So a few months of, as Isaac said, everyone can eat anything...meaning that they can chew gum, eat popcorn, etc!

Woody was off very early this morning.  His friend needed a ride to McMinnville for an appointment.  Then when they got back in town, they ran errands for the friend.  Woody picked up a few things for us at one of the stores that they went to, but then had to go back to Kroger after he came home for a short period of time to put his feet up!  

Abigail came over this morning for her Home Ec time with me.  Today she ironed her quilt top and then got the backing the right size for the quilt.  Next time, I guess, we will sandwich it and pin it to get it ready for quilting.  

I started out my morning getting chicken stock ready to simmer.  Then let it simmer for most of the morning.  It is chilling and will be ready to be divided up to go in the freezer tomorrow.  Always good to have "liquid gold" on hand...especially now with Woody's strict diet. I also cleared out another couple of shelves in the kitchen cabinets.  I decided that I would fill the Amazon box that our kitchen faucet came in.

This afternoon another book order arrived and I worked on the initial processing that I can do here at home before taking the books to the church library for the rest of their processing.  The order has two books in the series that I had enjoyed so much a couple of weeks ago.  So I have been taking breaks reading one of those.

I'm back in painting mode.  I washed the walls today and just finished spackling and pulling out old caulking.  Tomorrow I will sand the spackling places, put blue painters tape to mark the caulking channels, maybe caulk, and might start painting walls where there is no caulking.  We'll see how industrious I will be! 

I think that we are both ready for another quiet Friday evening of TV watching and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment