Thursday, January 2, 2020

A Rainy-Reading Day

It has rained and then rained some more today.  We may float away soon!  We were supposed to have gone to Nashville today to an appointment with Woody's infectious disease doctor.  But we decided yesterday to cancel the appointment for two reasons.  For one Woody had another doctor appointment here in Tullahoma one hour after the scheduled one in Nashville.  For the second reason we just didn't feel like it was a good idea to head off into what was supposed to be heavy rain for a total of three hours of driving.  His appointment here was with his kidney doctor and at the moment we decided that that one was a more needed appointment.  We were both very glad  to to be out on the interstate
in all this rain today.  So we have stayed in today...except for Woody going to his appointment this
afternoon.

I have done quite a bit of reading the last two days. I have already finished two books...and, they weren't ones that I started last year...well, I guess I did start one on New Year's Eve.  Last year I exceeded my 52 book goal (a book a week) and read 75.  So a book and a fraction of a book each week.

Woody has also been reading today.  It has been a good reading, puzzle solving, tv watching day.

I did a little cleaning, a little washing, a little cooking, and a little baking...so one of those days of doing a lot of "this and that!"  I always enjoy the low-key days right after Christmas before everything gets back into a routine.  The time of the year when you really don't even know what day of the week it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment