Friday, January 3, 2020

More Low-Key Time

I've spent much of my day in the sewing room working on the quilted wall hanging for the kitchen.  It's coming along...but it looks more finished than it is.  At the moment all the pieces are just laying on the background fabric and still have to be attached.  I do have the three pieced borders are sewn and the top one is sewn onto the background.  I decided that I wanted to change the wording on the hanging to make it more "kitcheny." And, instead of hand embroidering the lettering I decided to use my embroidery machine and even added a couple of little bees for the bee hive.  While I have been sewing I have been watching old episodes of Iron Chef America.  Since we have an antenna for our TV, we don't have a "provider" so I wait around for Food Network and Home and Garden TV to stream some of their series for free.  This is the first time that I have been offered Iron Chef so I'm enjoying those...cooking and sewing combined!  Two of my favorite things to do.  I am taking a bit of a break  from my steady diet of reading the last couple of days...but am about half-way through my third book of the year.  I also worked for a while on Sunday's Sunday School lesson for my ladies' class...I'm substitute teacher this Sunday.

Woody has made the rounds for errands today...both ours and his friend's.  He did our grocery shopping and then headed out to pick up his friend and take him the places he needed to go...that pretty much filled up his morning and a ways into the afternoon.  After getting home he has relaxed, read, worked on his crossword puzzles and watched some TV.

We're still in that time after Christmas when the hours and days run together.  I like low-key days like this once in a while.  I always look forward to this time of the year...IF it is low-key.  Looking back on last year, I imagine that today wasn't very low-key as we were preparing to head to Vanderbilt in the morning for his surgery on his leg.  I'm glad that it is this year...though, I do wish that the surgery had been a bit more successful than it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment