Monday, January 6, 2020

The Undoing Has Begun

I started undecorating today and hopefully it won't be my undoing!  I like doing the other end of decorating better...not as much fun to undo!  I have most everything Christmas out of the kitchen.  I see in this picture that I still have my little wall hanging up as you go into the kitchen...but...I haven't found my owl yet that will replace my little elf.  I also have the Precious Moments nativity put away. So I have a good start!  I will go at this slowly for a while...no great rush!

I had a friend call this morning who needed a bit of alteration done on a dress for her granddaughter.  She sews, but not on knit. And, I have the machine and hopefully the knit know how to get the job done.  So I have been working on this very stretchy knit trying to change the hem.  She and her granddaughter stopped by after school today and it looks like the hem that I have pinned up is good to go...so on to the next step.  I'm not big on altering things...especially for others as I don't want to mess up someone else's garments!  Crossing my fingers that I can successfully accomplish this hem and a slight alteration on the shoulders.  The garment is needed on Wednesday so I need to get on with it and get it done!

Woody has stuck close to home today up until this evening.  He has gone to the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting.  And, either before or after, he has to stop at his friend's home to let hm know about an appointment that got changed to the week.  So Woody will be on the road again for a doctor appointment later in the week, but this time not an appointment for himself!  Though, he needs to get to and from that appointment as quickly as possible as Woody has one here in Tullahoma that same morning.  Too many doctor appointments to keep up with and to keep straight!

I guess I'll go work on the dress hem and hopefully find something to watch/listen to on my iPad while I am doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment