Saturday, January 4, 2020

Hoppin' Along

The quilted wall hanging is coming right along.  I just have a little more quilting to do and then bind the edges.  I have been at my machine quite a bit today, but did other things too.  I have cleaned I two big kitchen messes...and I only made one of them!  Woody made coleslaw this morning.  Then this afternoon I cooked a pot roast and the clean up at the end wasn't fun...but the meal of carrots, potatoes, onions, and roast and gravy was pretty good...maybe worth the mess!  The other part of the day I put finishing touches on tomorrow's Sunday School lesson.  I think I am ready to sit in my recliner and read for a while this evening.

Woody made his weekly trip to the public library and stopped at the store and got some potatoes for our roast.  He has rested, read, done crossword puzzles and watched football most of the rest of the day.  We are still in low-key mode.

Today would have been my father's 107th birthday. I thought about posting one of his photos for tonight's blog photo, but wasn't sure how long it would take me to locate one...so I took the easy way out and snapped a picture of the progress I've made on my latest sewing project.


No comments:

Post a Comment