Saturday, January 18, 2020

Obvious Progress

This is how the tree looks at this very moment.  The only ornaments left on the tree are the needlework ornaments...both hand and machine made.  The last thing I did for the tree undecorating for today was to take off all the ornaments left on the tree that weren't handmade and put them on the dining room table.  They fill up about half of the table. I'm hoping that they will fit in the box that I have left to put them in.  I try very hard each year not to add any boxes to the already great many that await me to be put back in the Christmas closet.  But I'm thinking that I may be adding at least one box as what is left just looks like too many to fit.  I have special boxes for the handmade ornaments.

I am stopping for the night.  I had to stop and fix our supper and after cleaning up the kitchen I just don't have any energy left to attack what is left...tomorrow is another day...maybe I'll feel like quickly packing them up after church tomorrow.

Woody headed out this morning to go to the public library.  He came home with books for him and books for the neighbor grandchildren.  Several of the ones that he got for them are about volcanoes.  We have both pretty much stayed in today as it has rained a good part of the day.  The temperatures are supposed to be dropping.  We have gotten too used to the spring-like temperatures.  I wonder about the daffodils...in this warm spell they have popped their heads out of the ground and some even
have yellow buds on them.

Happy birthday to Kathy today!  She is one of three birthdays that we celebrate in January.  Isaac had his while he was in the Philippines, but we will celebrate his as a family this coming week when we celebrate Joseph's.

No comments:

Post a Comment