Friday, January 31, 2020

My Ship Sailed In

Finally my ship sailed back to the mantel in the family room.  (I got Nathan to retrieve it from its perch where it was stored during Christmas.  This is a model of the USS Constitution that my grandfather made for me back in the 50's.  He made three model ships and gave them to his granddaughters—my cousin Susan, me, and my sister Cheryl.  I can hear him telling about making them.  He even made the made the molds to make the canons.  It is really quite detailed.

I told myself that today was going to be a day to clean some of the places in the house that have gotten neglected over the holidays and during the undecorating.  So I have stayed pretty busy...mopping, vacuuming, dusting, straightening up, etc. I still have more to do, but I think that I am through for the day.  I also got the dining room table back to "normal"...sort of...in the end I was glad that I hadn't taken off the table pad since we will be using it tomorrow for lunch with Melany and Erin.  So I removed the last few things that were on the table, dusted/wiped off the table pad (there was glitter on it from Christmas decorations), and put a tablecloth on the table.  It is all set and ready for lunch tomorrow.  By doing that I have at last finished with the undecorating and redecorating for everyday.  And, I made it before February!


Woody did our weekly grocery shopping early this morning.  After he rested for a bit, he headed off and ran errands with his friend.  He wasn't gone as long today as usual.  He also spent some time outside working.  It was another rather mild day for January.  Definitely hints of Spring...even the daffodils are up and showing buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment