Friday, January 17, 2020

Tree Saga, cont.

And, the tree undecorating continues.  There are now three large cardboard boxes filled with ornaments taken off...is the lack of ornaments noticeable yet?

I think that these are the largest of the boxes that ornaments are stored in so that is good...but there are still more boxes stacked up next to the tree awaiting ornaments to be placed in them.  I worked quite a while today on it, but it just gets to a point that I just have to step away from doing it.  And, I have gotten to that point today.  Nathan even helped me out a little this afternoon.  He came over and I got him to take off a couple from the top of the tree...thanks to him I haven't had to climb up on the stepladder yet.  He also spotted a couple that I was looking for at the time he was here.

Woody did his usual Friday grocery shopping for us and then ran errands with his friend.  He has also hobbled around outside with his walker  picking up sticks that blew down in the recent storms.  He says that it is something that he can do outside.  He has also continued to plant grass seed around the stepping stones that go between Nathan and Kathy's house and ours.  Our weather has been so mild that it was a time to do it esoecially with the wet conditions...some of the grass has already sprouted.  He has covered the newly planted seeds with pine straw.  I hope that the pine straw protects the seeds and grass as it is supposed to go back to normal temperatures in a few days..which means much colder than it has been.  I've rather enjoyed the higher than normal temperatures!  I think that rain will roll back in tomorrow.  We have had a very wet start to 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment