Thursday, January 23, 2020

Rainy Day

Rainy outside, but nice and dry inside.  We both stayed in most of the day.  Woody did go out and rake a few more leaves to the curb as the leaf truck is getting nearer...just one more house before ours.  It was disappointing to see them leave at 2pm when they were that close and not come back.  They leave often to go empty the leaves that they have sucked up...and then they come back.  But when they left at 2, they didn't return.  Hopefully it won't be too rainy tomorrow for them to come back.  I do feel sorry for them out there working in the rain.  Today's rain wasn't a really hard rain...but still it had to be an uncomfortable work day for them.  Plus the leaves are so saturated that it is harder to get them loosened up enough with their rakes to get the machine to suck them up.

I had school on a regular schedule except for Esther and she wasn't feeling well.  Abigail came over to borrow the car and I was surprised to see her at the time she showed up because she should have been at work at Montessori school.  But she told me that they had cancelled school today because of so much sickness.  They had 14 (almost half of the students) out today with flu and/or strep...hope those germs haven't/don't come home with Abigail!

I got busy and started getting the house back to normal.  I vacuumed the living room.  I did that during what should have been Esth's reading time and then it was all nice and vacuumed for Isaac's long time.  He started working with the other pickle present, a K'nex educational set that Melany added to the pickle present this year.  He got half-way through the build and will come back when he has some free time or will finish it next week during his long time.

This afternoon was rather a lazy time and I sat around and read for quite a while...nice to hear the rain on the roof as I read.  I will admit to a bit of napping between some pages!  I am slowly getting things back in order after the Christmas "mess" of undecorating.  I will try to concentrate more on getting things back in place tomorrow...today's vacuuming was enough for one day...and I did get the coffee table back to everyday...so a good start! Woody watched the impeachment trial proceedings.  He continues to work on the crossword puzzle books that he got for
his birthday and Christmas and, of course, gets in reading time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment