Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Routine Returning

And, slowly but surely our daily/weekly routine is returning.  But I can still enjoy our tree as it will be the last of the Christmas decorations to come down.

I did do a little more packing up of decorations this morning.  Slowly but surely the hallway upstairs is filling with boxes that will eventually be packed away into the Christmas closet.  I still have lots of boxes to take out of that closet that need everyday things taken out of them so I can repack them with their Christmasy contents.  The dining room table is still covered with the decorations that came out of the kitchen as I haven't found the boxes that they go back in.  It all takes time and I can only do it a little at a time.  But I must be doing something as that pile of Christmas filled boxes is definitely growing along the wall of the upstairs hallway.

Woody headed off dark and early this morning to take his friend to the doctor in Franklin, TN.  This was an appointment that got changed and ended up on the day that Woody had an appointment here in town with the oncology office where he gets his anemia shots.  He made it to his appointment, but was a little late.  They called concerned about him and I told them that I was sure that the wheels on the car were heading their way as quickly as Woody could get there!  They said that they would be watching for him!  I think that he showed up ten or fifteen minutes later.  This appointment was only for labs and his shots so since he wasn't seeing the doctor, it wasn't quite as crucial to be there exactly on time...and under normal circumstances he would have been there either on time or early!  Hopefully we can keep appointments from stacking up like that again...at least if they don't get changed as the one for his friend did this time.  Woody has quite the time keeping up with all the doctor visits that he has when he includes those of his friend, too!

This afternoon, Donna and I worked on processing some new books in the church library...our first work day in 2020...part of getting back in routine after the holidays.  I have enjoyed the time off and the low-key times, but it is good to start routines back up!


No comments:

Post a Comment