Monday, February 3, 2020

Back to Monday...Again!

Monday turned up once again!  Imagine that!  Woody went out fairly early this morning and worked in the yard...filling in places with dirt and planting more grass seed.  It was really a mild day...I think that it was the precursor to rain heading our way.  The children from Isaac on wanted to do their reading out on the front porch in the love seat glider...it was that nice.

After lunch, Woody decided to head to Lowe's to get more grass seed.  I needed to get some sandpaper for Esther.  It had been recommended to me that she try chalk pastels using 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper.  So I went with Woody to see if I could find such an animal.  I did find 400 grit but not wet/dry.  I got it since she is to use it dry.  The size isn't the best...long and skinny, but I'm sure that she will be able to use it to draw something on!  At least I finally found some.  Tullahoma isn't the best place to look for specific items!  We don't have a lot of stores and thus not a lot of chance of finding exactly what we are looking for.  I had already looked at Walmart and didn't find any and just hadn't had a need to go to Lowe's...figured that I would definitely find it there...but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.  I imagine that the fineness of the grit is what she needs for the chalk pastels.  We will see!  Today Esther started a painting for her school art class, but needed it to dry before the next step, so she made a cute pen drawing that she added some water color to after drawing the shape.  I had saved a picture similar to the one she drew and painted.  Later we looked closer at the one that she was using for the idea of her painting and we found out that the outline was a rubber stamp that had water color paint added to.  I told Esther that she didn't need rubber stamps that she could do the black outline drawing and the painting!  I think her little mousy floating down on a snowflake is very cute. I told her that she needs to design some cards and sell them...maybe at their next yardsale!  The problem that Esther sees with selling her paintings is that she really wants to keep all that she creates!  Her mother tells her that the walls in their home won't hold that many!

Woody has just returned from the Monday Night Furnace Room prayer meeting.  So I guess it is time for us to settle back for another quiet evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment