Saturday, February 8, 2020

Remembering to Breathe!

I spent the afternoon remembering to breathe as I did the latest stitching on my small wall hanging.  There is at least one reader of our blog who understands and probably chuckles when she reads about having to remember to breathe!  Now I will let the rest of you in on what I am talking about!  This afternoon I did some free-motion quilting on the machine.  Sometimes it is called stippling and sometimes meandering.  You run the machine with the foot peddle, but the feed dogs are down on the machine and you have to push the quilted piece under the needle and you control the length of the stitches.  And, sometimes you get to concentrating so hard that you end up holding your breath.  Melany and Nathan's fifth grade teacher in later years taught many quilting classes here in town and she would tell her quilting pupils to relax and "don't forget to breathe!"  And, this afternoon as I was running this quilted piece under the machine needle, I had to remind myself several times to breathe! I am another step closer to having the wall hanging finished.  Next I will square it up and then it will be time to add the binding.  I hadn't found time to work on this in a while and enjoyed sitting at my machine once again.

I was off bright and early this morning.  Our Sunday School class met for breakfast at a local restaurant.  We had a good time as we always do when we get together.  We enjoyed good fellowship and good food!

When I got home, Woody was ready to go to the public library for his weekly visit.  Since I had my coat on, I decided to go with him this time.  I had one book that I have been waiting on for quite a while in e-book form that the library had a "real" copy of and I decided that I would get it so I won't have to wait so many weeks for it.  I found another book that I also have on hold as an e-book and got that one too, along with another.  So I am well supplied with books at the moment.  Four from the public library (I also got the next Little House book for Isaac...the copy at the church library is checked out at the moment so we will start reading it from the public library copy.), two from the church library, and one e-book checked out on my iPad.  I have started both church library books, one of the public library books, and have the one e-book started.  So I am in the midst of four books as well as the chapter books that I am reading with the children.  I figure as long as I can keep that many plots straight that my memory is still working!   The only problem with plots that I have had lately is that I am reading the first Little House book with Isaac and reading a much later one with Esther.  So I have Laura Ingalls as a youngster in one book and that same Laura has married and become Laura Ingalls Wilder in the one I am reading with Esther.  One time I got confused when they were talking about Pa going to help his father...and, I am thinking how could he when they live so far apart...then realized that in the one I was reading with Isaac that they still lived close...whereas in the one that I was reading with Esther, they had moved off from the Big Woods and on to the prairie! But if that is all that confuses me in a day, I would say that is okay!


No comments:

Post a Comment