Wednesday, February 5, 2020

It's Raining! It's Pouring!

This photo was what it looked like around 1pm today...note that it is dark enough for the street light to have come on.  But at the moment it is coming down in torrents.  It has rained most of the day today...and, the heavy stuff is just arriving.

Woody went to the oncologist office here in town for his monthly shot for anemia and a B-12 shot.  He said that he got into the office dry, but was not so lucky to get back into the house dry.  About 11am, I contacted Donna so we could decide if there was that much at the church library that really needed to be done.  We decided that we could stay home and stay dry.  I'm so glad that we came to that decision as it was storming when we usually head to the church to work.

I did manage to get some cooking done today.  We were totally out of chicken broth aka "liquid gold."  I had saved/frozen the carcus of the chicken that I roasted a week or so back.  I froze it for just this reason...that I could make broth when I needed it and not have to cook another chicken.  I freeze it in two-cup portions...got 5 portions in the freezer and there are three more waiting for the containers to freeze them in.  When the ones in the freezer are totally frozen, I will take them out and wrap them individually and then use the containers to complete the job...unless I have used what is in the refrigerator in some recipe prior to that happening!  I also made a meatloaf for our supper tonight.  And, all the while it was pouring outside my kitchen was sunshiny!



No comments:

Post a Comment