Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Same Song...2nd or 3rd or...Verse!

We have just had the front of the storm pass through.  It rained and blew super hard for a little while...now we are just left with the rain.  I think that the rain will be with us for a while.  We are starting to be used to the sound of rain on the roof and windows.

Woody headed out fairly early this morning to go to the oncologist office here in Tullahoma.  Last week his hemoglobin was low and they wanted to check it a week after he had his anemia shot.  It had started to go back up so he didn't get sent for a transfusion...thankfully!

Knowing that rain was heading our way again, I decided to leave earlier than usual to work in the church library so I could make a stop at Walmart first.  I needed my over-the-counter allergy medicine.  I was in and out quickly and then headed to church. Donna and I only worked an hour since we were pretty much caught up.  We checked in books, shelved books, and straightened books
on shelves...and, of course, caught up with each other.  I also mended a book that the pages had come away from the spine.  I left the book for the glue to dry.  Time will tell if it is glued enough.

We are in for the night keeping dry and just relaxing.  This is a good night to read and/or watch TV.  I finished another book earlier today...one of the ones that I got at the public library on Saturday.  I heard something on the way home from the library about how the Internet has changed our way of thinking...that very few read books these days because their minds can't concentrate a long time on a book.  I know that I probably do too much "screen time," but I am thankful that I can still enjoy reading a good book!  Lately I look forward to needing a break from whatever I am doing so I can sit down and read.  I go through times where I read a tremendous lot and then there will be times that I concentrate on doing something else like sewing or hand embroidery or whatever I am "into" at that time.  It's reading spurts like I have been having that get me ahead in my goal of reading a book a week...then when I have lulls in my reading I won't get behind in that goal even if I don't read a book
that week.  At this point in the year I am reading an average of three books a week...so ahead of my goal at this point...I know that it will level out and by the end of the year it will be closer to the one book a week.  The number of books I read aren't all that important...I'm mainly just glad that I haven't lost my love of reading because of the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment