Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Surprise Find!

Look what I found late this afternoon when I went to pull the garbage can out to the road.  I knew that the daffodils and jonquils were up and budding, but I didn't know that some had bloomed.  Definitely hints of Spring...but I'm pretty sure that this mild spell isn't going to last this early in February!  We'll enjoy it while it is here.  We had a drizzling rain off and on today.  I guess the harder rain is on its way.

I had almost a normal school day.  Isaac didn't come as he went with his dad to the Baptist Collegiate Ministry center today...today they went to the Motlow Campus in Smyrna, TN.  Nathan is helping to get a BCM started on that campus.  Elijah enjoyed his long time...he likes the time best if he ends up with something to eat!  Today he did an "experiment" of making donuts out of canned biscuit dough and cooking them in the air fryer.  It worked and he ended up with dessert for his family's lunch and also he decided to share the donut holes with his friend across the street who has a birthday tomorrow.  His little friend is going to be six so he is going to give him six donut holes.

Woody headed off late morning to run errands with his friend and also made a stop at the pharmacy to pick up some of his prescriptions.  The rainy overcast day made it a good day for me to have a lazy afternoon and I read for a while...finished another book and started a new one.  As soon as I returned that e-book, I found out that I had another e-book ready for me to check out that I had requested.  So I started reading that one. I fixed supper, cleaned up the kitchen and am ready for more recliner time!  Woody is ensconced in his recliner in the family room with the TV and books and crossword puzzles.  Looks like another quiet evening in our household!

No comments:

Post a Comment