Monday, February 24, 2020

More Puddles!

It has been another rainy day here in Middle Tennessee.  As I write this, I am still hearing rain drops on the roof.  Lots of puddles in our and neighboring yards and in the streets.

The school day was changed around a bit, as Kathy needed to go out to the Motlow Baptist Collegiate Ministry building earlier than usual.  This is one of the days that meals are provided for students, faculty, and others.  Monday meals are provided by area churches' mission groups.  And, today's meal was provided by mission groups in our church.  Kathy is a member of one of those groups so she needed to head out to get ready for the meal.  She took Joy and Esther with her to help.  The three youngest heded over to our house with their school work to do here. They worked and I nabbed the one I needed at particular moments and had my school with that child.  It worked well and they got most of their homeschooling work done along with having time with me for my school time with them individually.  When Abigail got home from Montessori, Graham came over here and got the three boys and the five of them headed out to help with and eat today's meal.

I have a reprieve from my dental "ordeal."  I finally came to the conclusion that I needed to be put to sleep like I was the last time.  The dentist scheduled to extract my tooth doesn't do sedation so we called the dentist who did my extraction the last time and scheduled with him.  And, I get a big reprieve as it won't happen now till the first part of April.  I'm glad that I am no longer hurting!  I feel much better about doing it this way.  I had a very bad experience once with an extraction that gave me nightmares for sometime after.  That is the reason that I chose sedation the last time.  I "thought" that I could be brave once again, but came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to be able to...so just call me chicken, but I will sleep through this one once again!

Woody just returned from the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting.  So we are all in and dry for another quiet evening of reading and TV watching...once again nothing happening that is very earth shattering (especially since I don't have to dread tomorrow's dental appointment).

No comments:

Post a Comment