Tuesday, February 11, 2020

LOTS of Rain = Fog

Fog was settling in over Lake Tullahoma this afternoon.  The atmosphere around here is saturated.  The rain stopped this morning, but more is on the way.  The ground is saturated also.  You squish when you walk on the ground.  It took a bit for me to find places to walk that I wouldn't be bogged down when I went to empty the compost bucket in the compost pile this afternoon.  Squish! Squish!  Slippery underfoot too!

I spent the morning cooking.  I made a pot of potato soup and was glad that I had when it has turned back to much cooler temperatures.  I also skinned and deboned some chicken thighs.  Then I made spicy crumb coated chicken thighs.  Once again we have some eating choices in the fridge.

Woody headed out while I was cooking.  Woody took his friend to pick up the friend's CPAP machine and get instructions on how to use it.  Woody gets more reading time in when he takes his friend on these medical errands.  Woody was gone most of the morning.  I headed out to get my hair cut before he got back.  I think he was glad to find the chicken that I had left for his lunch!

A little while ago Esther and Isaac came over to let us know that they are home.  They did Upward's banquet programs in three states this weekend and yesterday.  They did six programs in Texas on Saturday, one in Mississippi on Sunday and one in Missouri on Monday.  They crossed the Mississippi River four times in their 5 days away and each time they crossed on a different bridge...so 4 crossings on 4 different bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment