Monday, February 10, 2020

Think It Will Rain?!?


Once again it has rained most of the day.  I know that I woke up around midnight last night and it was raining and I think that it rained most of the rest of the night and then a good part of today.  We are in a lull at the moment, but more is coming.

I decided that I wanted the sun to shine so I worked in the kitchen most of the morning and some this afternoon.  Cooked items to eat were getting slim in the fridge so it is time to once again get busy and do some cooking.  I made more sweet red pepper sauce (Woody's catsup).  And, made chicken fried steak for lunch.  I have more cooking planned for tomorrow.

Up to a little while ago, Woody stayed in and kept dry.  He left a while ago for Monday night Furnace Room Prayer meeting at church.  I am sure that he was glad that the time to leave was in a lull in the rain.  My only venture out today was to get the mail and I found a down time in the rain so didn't get wet and didn't have to use an umbrella.

The ground is so saturated after last week's rain, that it can only get worse as the rains come over these next couple of days.  Last week Melany had two days off from her school due to flood conditions.  Tullahoma City schools were the only schools in the surrounding areas that had school.  Our city school system doesn't have school buses, whereas all surrounding areas do...those surrounding areas have lots of country roads that flood easily.

Melany and Erin came for a short visit yesterday afternoon.  It sounded like Melany had enjoyed being off.  She always looks forward to "snow days" and I think is accepting that this year they are coming as "flood days!"  She's wondering if they will have more off this week since it is predicted that we will have heavy rain over several days this week.  I have seen that several schools are starting several hours late tomorrow.  That may change if the heavy rains predicted over night happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment