Friday, February 21, 2020

Friday Doings

The photo shows part of Woody's doings.  He headed out to do our weekly grocery shopping fairly early this morning.  These pretty red peppers were part of his shopping...guess roasting them and then   making them into red pepper sauce is in their and my future.

While he was doing our shopping, I got busy in the kitchen getting ready for skinning and boning some chicken thighs.  Later I got out our recipe for Crispy Chicken Thighs and made those.  They are pretty easy to cook and have several spices added to the Panko bread crumbs that make up for no salt.  With the bones of the chicken I got homemade chicken stock simmering on the stove.  Those were my cooking accomplishments for today.  I did put the groceries away when he got back from the store.  Other than that I have taken it easy and read and rested.

Woody rested for a while after he got home from the store and then headed out to run errands with his friend.  He was gone till almost 4pm...a long day of errand running.  He was very ready for a piece of the chicken when he came in...a very late lunch.  He is now happily ensconced in his recliner watching his Friday evening news programs.

I've got the dishwasher running and am ready for my recliner and a good book.  Looks like another typical "exciting" Friday evening in this Dorrell residence!

No comments:

Post a Comment