Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Calm Wednesday


Today was a nice Spring day...no rain for a change and by the afternoon the sun came out.  We just had hard rain and some thunder last night, though, we did have a tornado warning (siren went off for a very short time) sending lots of us to our safe places.  The tornadic part of the storm passed a bit to the south of us.  I have heard that a small town just down the way from us did receive some damage, but have seen no reports to verify that.  I have heard that we may reach into the 80s tomorrow...that will be a change for us.  Woody will enjoy warmer temperatures.

I have continued to play around with my photos from last week's barn trip.  This horse never moved the whole time we were snapping pictures.  Last night I decided to get rid of the shadows in the picture and that let me "see" inside the barn. "Playing" with pictures is a fun way to pass an evening!

This morning Woody headed off to his oconology labs here in town.  They were all wearing masks and taking precautions.  He will see the doctor next week and hear about his labs, but he was told today that his anemia was going in the right direction.  He came home and that was the end of our going any place today.

I decided that today was bread baking day and made two loaves of bread.  We were down to two slices of a bought loaf, so it seemed to be the time to do some baking.  This was the first time that I made this recipe. We both enjoyed a warm slice right after it came out of the pan.  Yummy!  The recipe is a keeper.  My other accomplishment of the day was mopping the kitchen and the downstairs bathroom.  At least I didn't just sit around the whole day...which these days is about all I want to do!

Our mayor came out with a revised order for our town...so now he is saying that it is an advisory rather than a mandate that we "shelter at home."  I'm guessing that some weren't happy with his original order?!? Woody said that maybe he needed a haircut and changed his mind (as hair cutting establishments were closed when it was mandatory!).  Before Woody said that, my thought was that probably his wife was going to have to miss her hair appointment and got him to change the order!  I guess we were both thinking in the same direction!  Anyway, I guess it is up to each person as to whether we shelter in place or not.  I personally think that it is a good idea...better safe than sorry!

Stay safe and well.  Keep on social distancing!  Let's get this virus behind us and get on with our lives!  Do the days seem longer now that there aren't a lot of places to go?  We need to remember that we had been wishing for time to slow down!  Keep smiling!  This too shall pass...eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment