Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Tuesday Happenings

This poor old barn may not be there when we pass by the next time.  There a lot of barns out there that are on their "last legs!"  We find them interesting, too.  This past trip we found barns in bad shape like this one, but we also found one that its owners hadn't given up on yet and they were patching it up.  I think that it is the first time that we have found a patched-up barn.




We continue to "shelter at home." Today I had to break our quarantine a bit as I needed Nathan's help to get the app for Woody's video appointment with his nephrologist. I haven't felt very stressed during all that has happened so far with the Coronavirus...UNTIL I had to get this appointment set up!  There was no way for us with any technology that we have to have this video appointment.  And, a phone-call appointment wasn't an option.  So Nathan downloaded the app on his phone and we will have to borrow his phone when it is time for the appointment.  We did get it working and were able to see the lady we were interacting with to get this set up.  Doing this took well over an hour of phoning back and forth, Nathan downloading the app prior to the call to the doctor's office, first attempts last night, etc.  What a pain...but it is done!  Major accomplishment of the day!

I declared this a baking day and let Woody choose what I would bake...cookies, cinnamon swirl
bread, or a pie.  He chose the bread.  It is another first-time recipe for me...but from an old cookbook...some probably have the red and white check Better Homes & Garden Cookbook.  My copy was a wedding present so it is 51-years-old.  One of the reasons that I chose this recipe was that it only used one packet of active-dry yeast...and that was how much yeast that I had in the pantry!  One of the reasons that Woody bread over the more desserty choices was he thought that it would make good French Toast.  It should with the nice cinnamon sugar swirl running throughout the loaves.  What we do know that the slices we had of it right out of the oven tasted mighty good!  I do love homemade bread!  But for us to have any more yeast will have to get back on the shelves in the stores...well, that isn't exactly right...Kathy did say that we could go shopping in the Dorrell pantry next door!  Nice to have back-up supplies!

I made an eggplant casserole for supper.  The kitchen is cleaned up and ready for tomorrow's cooking tasks.  I have had enough time in the kitchen today and am very ready for my recliner for the rest of
the evening.  Woody has done crossword puzzles, watched some TV and done a LOT of reading.
He'd better slow down.  Our church has closed its doors to foot traffic so getting back to the library
won't be easy any more!

Cheryl...my Arizona sister, my favorite sister, AND  my ONLY sister, has gone on what she is calling "lock down."  They are to "shelter in place starting this evening at 5pm.  She doesn't seem to excited about the prospect...wonder why!!  Guess we can all do it together and try to get this virus under control.

At the end of the blog each night, I have been trying to add some encouraging words.  Sometimes they are just things that come to my mind and sometimes, like tonight, they are something that I have heard or read during the day.  I read this today: "when you can't control what's happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what's happening."  So stay positive, stay we'll, stay safe.  We're in this together!

(I apologize for weird spacing and and weird words...for most of the blog I have been typing blindly with the lines and paragraphs bouncing back and forth while I type...not fun!)


No comments:

Post a Comment