Thursday, March 26, 2020

Something From Almost Nothing


Here's another view of the barn with the door that is a quote square.  We traveled from several directions to take this barn's picture.  It continues to be my favorite barn of this trip.  I like looking through the fence and the barn's quilt side in the distance.  Here's another from the same vantage point but with the lens zoomed in. Oh, and, can you find the horse in the top photo?  I didn't know he was there till just a moment ago. And, the photo below has a spider web in it.  You may need to tap on the photos and make them larger to actually see these...the web especially.


Today has been another shelter-at-home day.  Both of us doing a little of this and a little of that.  Woody did go outside for a while today.  He picked up a few sticks and then decided to enjoy the warmth of the car and read sitting in the car...but found that our 80° temps today were too warm for sitting in the car.  For once he actually said that he got too hot...that doesn't happen very often these days!  I cleaned both microwaves today.  We still have two...the new one in the kitchen and the old one is still in the family room where we moved it during the renovations.  Woody likes it in there.  It is convenient for him to warm up his food!  I had several jobs on a list tondo this week and getting the microwaves cleaned finished off that list.  I didn't put too many things on the list...so saying that the list is finished isn't all that impressive!  I am trying to do something productive everyday to try to try to keep in touch with reality!  

About tonight's blog title...my other accomplishment for the day was to make chicken stock/broth.  We were about out and I didn't want to run out of it.  I used bones from chicken that I had deboned and then frozen the bones so I would have them for stock/broth and not have to have to have an actual chicken on hand!  It worked very well.  I also used the leaves and a small amount of stalk from the celery that we have on hand.  Some carrot pieces and part of an onion and a clove of garlic.  That was it...so reall a lot of "nothing" to make a lot of "goodness" for future recipes!  It simmered on the stove top for several hours.  I strained and did a quick cooling by putting the pot in the sink full of cold water and ice.  It is already portioned out and in the freezer.  Good accomplishment for the day.

My final accomplishment was to do a short summary of the Sunday School lesson for Sunday that either Marie (our teacher) or I (substitute teacher) plan to send weekly to our class members while we are being kept apart due to this virus.  I got that written up and sent by email this afternoon.

For now...stay safe!  Stay well!  Keep a good social distance from friends!  Write some letters or emails or make a phone call to keep in touch with friends and family!  Mainly keep your chins up and keep on keeping on during this unusual time in our history!  My...won't we have the tales to tell once  Covid 19 is behind us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment