Friday, March 20, 2020

Spring Has Arrived!



Here we are in the first whole day of Spring 2020...does it feel like Spring where you are?  We have had spring rains today...heavy at times...sometimes not so heavy...but steady.  Just what our overly saturated ground needs?

Woody headed out really early...shopping early as has been suggested for folks "our age."  He was also trying to te the shopping done before it rained.  He made to the car and most of the way to the grocery store without rain, but the bottom fell out before he got into the store.  He came home with a very light load of groceries for our weekly shopping...not a lot to be had on many aisles...I'm ready for all this hoarding and panic buying to end.  He said that Kroger had absolutely no meat.  They did tell him that they did have meat yesterday, but that it had all sold out and that today's delivery hadn't happened yet this morning.  He was there by 6:30am so quite early.  He said that the pasta aisle continued to be wiped out, but he did find bow tie pasta which is what he likes in one of the dishes that I make for him...so a win!  That must not be the choice of the masses!  I got our groceries in from the car and put away.  Not long after he got home he went to pick up his friend so he could run errands...not exactly social distancing...but...it's a need that needs to be met.

I stayed in and kept the home fires burning...doing some cooking.  I made a Woody-friendly dish—a chicken and rice casserole.  I called a friend to see how she felt about me sharing some of the casserole with her and her husband...she fell last week and hurt her back badly.  At this point with the virus, I wanted to make sure that they wouldn't mind something from another's kitchen.   But I also figure that the alternative of getting things from a drive-thru also comes from another's kitchen.  She accepted out offer so when I got everything cooked I drove over one neighborhood and met her husband in the driveway and passed it through my car window to him...sort of a drive-thru!  

The rest of our day has been just sticking around the house...not doing a lot.  It was a pretty 
quiet afternoon with the sound of gentle rain falling on the roof...that sound continues as I'm writing this. Here's is one last photo for tonight...a rabbit that we found on our barn trip Wednesday.  Happy Spring...stay safe and healthy!



No comments:

Post a Comment