Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Wednesday


Once again we have arrived at the middle of the "work week."  It seems like the days of the week roll around more quickly all the time!  Today I did go to the church library and worked for a short time...long enough to check books in and out, card books, reshelve books, and mend a book...and checked out two books. Then back home to do a little of this and a lot of nothing...well, I guess reading isn't nothing!  I am on a roll with my reading this year...finished my 30th book just a little while ago.  It was an e-book and when I returned it, I got a message that one of my books that I had on hold ws available...they had let me skip the waiting line.  That happens every so often...I think that it is a "reward" for consistently returning books early.  I have already read a chapter in that book.

While I was at the library, Woody headed off to deliver church literature to some of his shut-in families.  He made the decision not to visit in person in the assisted living due to all the hype about the coronavirus and rest homes...plus he needs to be careful since his health is somewhat compromised.  So he dropped off the literature in people's mail boxes or mailed it to them this month and will get in touch with them by phone.  I guess we can't be too careful?  I had a friend call this afternoon and she told me that she had gone to WalMart today and that the aisle that has paper towels and toilet paper was totally empty of any products.  I bought some on Saturday (only because we needed it...not to "stock up") and, at that time you could tell that the shelves weren't stocked as full as usual, but there was still plenty to choose from.  I guess it shows what a can happen over a few days and more scary stories coming in over our TV's and through the Internet.  We got an email from Kroger this afternoon telling how they were dealing with the "extra demand" and with the virus itself...and they are limiting amounts of products that one can purchase at a time (good plan) and making extra efforts at keeping things clean/wiped down with disinfectant.  I'm just watching all this from afar and wondering...

Woody got ambitious today and made his slaw recipe...I cleaned up the mess.  Nathan and Kathy came over and we talked for a while.  They have had a couple of cancelations for their programs at several rest homes due to coronavirus precautions.  A group of ladies from our church returned last night from a mission trip to North Africa.  Their travel was not affected by the virus.  I have friends who are currently in Israel.  They will be returning this weekend...waiting to hear how their return trip goes.  I will be glad when they are back safe and sound on U.S. soil!  Definitely lots of factors in our lives are being touched and changes are happening due to this virus.  Stay healthy wherever you are...but let's not panic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment