Tuesday, March 3, 2020

The March Lion Roared!


The March lamb turned into a lion in the overnight hours.  I'm sure that most have heard the devastating news out of the surrounding Nashville and Cookville areas of TN.  We only had heavy rain and lightening and thunder for a very short period...those north and east of us did not fare so well.  The latest count is 25 dead...and that number has risen almost each time a new tornado update comes out. All in our family are safe and weren't in the area of the storms.  

We had a guest for lunch today.  We invited Graham to eat with us.  I made spaghetti with meatballs and rosemary-garlic focaccia bread.  We had an enjoyable time together.  While the bread was rising, Woody and I headed out to vote on this Super Tuesday.  We were in and out fairly quickly.  I was back in time to do the next step for the bread and get it in the oven so it would be ready for our lunch.  I had quite a mess in the kitchen.  I got it part way cleaned up and the dishwasher running and then had to rest for a while before I tackled the dishes that had to be hand washed.  We are fending for ourselves (scrounging) for supper. Truthfully, I'm still not hungry after our afternoon Italian feast!   We ate later because we ate after Graham got home from his Motlow classes.  

Tonight's photo is another of my favorites of this barn trip...these two structures are connected.  Here is a closeup of the weathervane on top of the small "barn:" a walking horse.  I enjoy capturing barn details almost as much as capturing the whole barn.  






No comments:

Post a Comment