Monday, September 14, 2020

Another week...

I think that is safe to say that "things" continue to get better for Woody and his dialysis. The change in amount and strength of the solution seem to be helping him get through the treatments with less problems. I even think that he is feeling some better. His nausea is definitely better. He even asked for seconds at lunch today. He hadn't asked for more I some time. I got up at six and Woody said that his treatment had finished at 4am but didn't want to wake me up. I got him disconnected and fixed breakfast. Fairly early I headed off to Walmart to try to get several things...still no disinfectant wipes...or Clorox spray cleaner. I guess after this container of disinfectant wipes that I will have to make my own Clorox and water solution to wipe off the table that I put the supplies on and the machine and cart...part of the many steps to get things ready for Woody's daily dialysis treatment. I managed to find a couple of other things actually on the shelves. The lack of items on the shelves still surprises me. Our downstairs air conditioning unit has been acting funny lately and I finally realized that it had a problem...The downstairs unit isn't run all that often due to Woody being so cold so much of the time these days. Anyway, I do turn it on to cool down the kitchen and also prior to setting up Woody's treatments. I finally realized that it wasn't responding the way it usually does. The AC folk came very quickly in response to our SOS. He found out what was wrong and has to order the part...best part...it is still under warenty! That was good news. And, this week it isn't as hot as it has been so se can easily wait the part to come in and not be miserable. Woody is glad for it not to work...I am sure! Woody is into his second hour of tonight's treatment as we moved it up an hour more tonight. We can't move it into the day too much as it might interfere with appointments. I think if we get it moved to 3pm then it will be finished around midnight and we would have the rest of the night to sleep. We'll see if that will work. He is dozing at the moment. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment