Monday, September 21, 2020

Woody is a couple of hours into his dialysis treatment for tonight...looks like another night of testing his/our patience! He is on the first drain of tonight's four cycles and already alarms are going off due to slow draining. I have checked and to my knowledge there are no kinks. Woody did manage to get in some sleep during the night, as did I. He managed a short nap or two during the day too. I got busy in the kitchen and made one of Woody's requests = lasagna. I hadn't made that recipe in many years. We each had a square for lunch...pretty yummy! It is so good to have Woody's appetite back. I made a quick trip to the grocery store as a new bread recipe called for seminola flour. I looked it up at Publix and it said that they had it and I needed a couple of other things that I can find only thee...well, no seminola flour to be found nor the other item I needed. I did find the extra fine egg noodles that's like for chicken noodle soup and I picked up some milk. But Publix didn't come through for me! Out of the three items that they supposedly carry, I only found one. The flour wasn't crucial for the bread that I made, I substituted something else. The bread was another new sour dough recipe. It wasn't the most successful of ones that I have tried. It is edible..but not sure that I will use that recipe again. Yesterday's sour dough pizza crust was a keeper. I made Chicken Alfredo pizza for our supper last night...quite tasty! I still have a mess to clean up in the kitchen...seems like I just keep having messes in there to clean up! I just filled up the dishwasher and will run it when I go back into the kitchen and will sometime this evening wash the rest by hand. Tomorrow is our next visit to the Fresenius clinic...just a check in with a nurse. Wednesday is our next dialysis supply delivery. I got the call today to say that they would be here between 8am and noon. Oh, boy...more boxes! Not as large a delivery this time...thank goodness! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment