Saturday, September 19, 2020

We found out that a little kink may not have been the cause of slow drains...anyway...we had an even longer night last night. This morning when I mentioned a shower to Woody, he said that he didn't have time as it was almost time to hook back up! We don't know whether it is Woody or the machine that is slowing drain times down. For now, till we go to the clinic again, we will put up with slow. I considered doing manual dialysis, but then realized that they didn't give me the inset for the organizer that is needed for a manual exchange. We have another appointment with the nurse Tuesday morning, we can persevere till then! The dialysis treatment is happening that is what is important. I took a nap this afternoon soi am refreshed and will catch a few z's in the middle of cycles tonight. I did the grocery shopping this morning...another reason for the need of a nap! He is all hooked up and is already at the drain time of the first cycle. And, it is starting to be obvious that the dialysis is beginning to work and make him feel better. He actually showed interest in what I put on the grocery list and made several requests for meals...and, seems to be looking forward to them. I don't do much cooing on grocery shopping day, but wil get busy on a recipe or two in the next day or so. Good to see him enjoy food again...that makes him seem more "like Woody" to me! And, I can, once again, enjoy cooking for him. His energy level has definitely come up. He's not feeling lightheaded any more so the effort of moving from one place to another is mainly a problem due to his leg problems not his weakened condition due to needing dialysis. His color is better and he doesn't look as thin...he has put a little weight back on...and, it isn't water weight...at least if it is, it isn't showing in his ankles like it did at one time. So I think we are on the right path...just at the moment are on the s l o w road!

No comments:

Post a Comment