Wednesday, September 16, 2020

What a Wednesday!

It's getting harder and harder to use the legacy format of blogger. I have to choose legacy format each time I come in and sometimes it lets me get to that link and sometimes it doesn't. I'm wondering if shortly they won't let me choose this one...then it will be no pictures again. Three of Woody's treatment cycles were through by midnight last night. So we both went to bed and I know that I slept and I think that he did at least a little. He didn't page me when it was finished. I disconnected him and finished all the post tasks after I came down around 6. Then I got busy making my mother's recipe for Boston Baked Beans. I had soaked the beans overnight so was ready for the next step...letting them simmer on top of the stove for a couple of hours. While they were simmering I got the rest of the ingredients ready. When they were finished simmering, I added all the other ingredients and popped them in a low oven for 6-8 hours. I think that I ended up cooking them about 6-1/2 hours. They baked while we went to the Fresenius kidney clinic. It was just a check-in to make sure that everything was going okay for us. The good thing was that Woody was able to head out with his walker on his own and didn't need Nathan to help us with transporting him in a wheelchair. I think that he is extra tired this evening, but it was good for him to get up and do something. He took it slow and had several resting spots on his way to and from the car. We also made a stop at the Credit Union on our way home. It as lunch time when we got home. After lunch, I called Donna for our Wednesday "library" chat. It's always good to catch up with each other. After our chat, I got busy in the kitchen and made Connie's German Slaw. Woody likes slaw with his baked beans. Then it was time to make a meatloaf. By that time it was also time to get Woody connected for his nightly dialysis! We were a bit later this evening as before I got the meatloaf in the oven (which I wanted to have baking while I was getting Woody connected), the doorbell rang and it was the Air Conditioning repairman with the new part for our AC. I had to put Woody's treatment on hold as the air can't run while I am getting him connected and I knew that once the part was installed we would have to turn it on. But it didn't take very long. The meatloaf was about finished baking so I turned off the oven and just let it stay in the oven while I went through all the steps for tonight's dialysis. It was done perfectly when I finished and got Woody's plate ready. He is on the last part of the first cycle...three cycles to go...do you sense a pattern to our days?!? Dishwasher is going. Now to go tackle the rest of the kitchen mess and check on Woody's progress in the drain cycle. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment