Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Oh, my! I May Be Back!

I haven't been able to blog from my laptop for many a year...and I was able to log in when I can't log in from my ipad any more. Technology has up and left me...but maybe I will be able to at least get a word in edgewise here! Now to bring you up to date on Woody's dialysis saga. We are still trying to figure out how to get the drain times of his 4 treatment cycles to go quicker. The nurse and Dr. O are checking into several possibilities. He got through last night's treatment with many fewer alarms and again tonight there are not as many alarms...at least so far. He continues to feel better which is a blessing. Yesterday afternoon I got a call from the Fresenius delivery man saying that if it was okay that he would deliver our order in about 30 minutes instead of this morning. Worked for me and I think helped him...perhaps he got to head back home sooner. He came all the way from Alabaster, AL to make today's TN deliveries. Anyway, we have new stacks of boxes. I had to go to a different wall since these bags of solution are dated and I need to use the closest date first. So now our living room looks even more like a warehouse! This morning Woody made his last visit to TN Oncology as all his medications and treatments will be handled by Fresenius now. After that he went to get his haircut...the first haircut (that he didn't do himself) since the pandemic started and we started sheltering at home. He said that it had begun to bother him and he was glad to get it cut. He does look less scruffy! While he was away I attacked th family room with the vacuum cleaner. It's hard to clean in there when he is in his chair most of the day. So it got a good vacuuming as did the bathroom and the sunporch and laundry room...my accomplishment of the day. I won't make this long in case it doesnt work. I work on getting a photo posted next time. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! (Good to be back...if I am!)

No comments:

Post a Comment