Monday, September 28, 2020

Last Monday in September

I seem to have just floated through this day. Not sure what, if anything, was accomplished except for getting Woody's disconnected from his cycler dialysis machine this morning and then reconnecting him late this afternoon! I did make pancakes for breakfast, unloaded the dishwasher and put away the dishes and kept putting in dishes throughout the day when we used them. I did check out a fabric website pretty thoroughly looking at knits. As I am moving cold weather clothes into my closet, I am thinking that I could use a couple of new tops...just not sure if the energy is there to make them! I did find several pieces that I liked and coordinates for trims on them. They are sitting in "my cart." I will decide whether to order them or not...or they may just sit in the cart till the website empties the cart due to lack of activity! The website has sent me an email making sure that I know that I have left something in my cart! I am diligently working on getting former sewing messes and other things that have landed on my sewing cutting table cleaned up so I can make new sewing messes, if I am so inclined. I did put away fabric for a summery top and brought out some fabric to make some courduroy pants...maybe they will get made this year. I bought the corduroy close to the end of winter one time and just never got around to making them. At least this time I have the fabric out at the start of cool weather. Woody spent quite a while upstairs this morning...running off his daily crossword puzzles and then working on them. I'm sure that he also checked out the information about the St. Louis Cardinals making it into the playoffs! I have started a new book. It is about Abraham Lincoln's final trial before he became a presidential candidate. He represented someone charged with murder. For some reason I never really pictured Abraham Lincoln defending murder suspects. From what I have read so far, it seems that this wasn't the first time that he had been involved with a murder trial. We had a storm this afternoon that brought through a cold front. One moment it was in the upper 70s and the next it was in the upper 50s...a 20 degree drop just like that! I just checked on Woody. He is "dwelling" in the 2nd of four cycles. The dwell time is set for 1-1/2 hours in each of the four cycles. That is one of the parts of the cycles that is predictable...the fill doesn't take too long either. The drain is always the one that we never know how long it will take. But, for tonight, the first cycle took a little less than three hours...so that is good...a bit ahead of schedule...for the moment. Well, guess I will go down and load up the last of tonight's dishes and see if there are enough in the dishwasher to run it tonight. Then I may continue to organize sewing things. The top of the sewing table can mostly be seen now so I should be able to put my cutting board back on it. I use this table for all sorts of things...folding clothes...placing mail that I need to attend to...etc. It is just one of those surfaces that, as Woody says, if it is empty, I will put things on it! So at the moment am trying to reclaim it for sewing! I looked through patterns today so I could make decisions on yardage needed for the tops that I put in my internet fabric shopping cart. So I did some figment of my imagination shopping today...now to decide whether to turn time spent into reality! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment