Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Our Little Pumpkin Pickers, part 2

Once again I lost control of the cursor before I was finished with the blog...oh, well...Today was a major victory for Woody. He made it up the stairs and managed to take a shower. They finally said that his surgery site was healed enough to take a shower. It was a major effort of his part, but he did accomplish it, though it wore him out. I guess you can say that he got his exercise in today. This afternoon I attempted to have my weekly "library" chat with Donna, but we kept getting interrupted by my other phone ringing and each time it was someone from Fresenius calling...first the social worker. She had talked to Woody yesterday when I was getting my hair cut and she had a couple more questions so this time I talked with her. Then the next call was from the nurse that we saw yesterday. She was checking on Woody and also made an appointment for him to see his nephrologist on Friday. My other call with Fresenius was this morning when I called to make our next order! We are assigned days to order and days that we receive our order. Next order arrives in two weeks. It should be a much smaller order this time! Nathan had found a shower chair a while back for us "just in case." Well, it came in very handy today...but it didn't fit in the tub exactly right and it needs to be really stable. This afternoon he came over with a brand new bench-style shower seat that someone had donated for their yardsale. Perfect! Much sturdier and part of it is on the outside of the tub so he can sit on it and then put him legs over the side of the tub...much safer and much more stable. So we donated the first one to their yard sale! In case anyone is in the area they are having a mission/moving yard sale this weekend...Friday and Saturday...I think. Eight families have donated items for it...so someone's trash might become a treasure find for you! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment