Friday, September 4, 2020

More Smooth Sailing!

Some times we can't see the whole picture...as something is just around the bend or over the hill...or in this photo...just around the mown portion of the field and behind what is growing! You get just a hint of the barn, but it satisfied our desire to capture what we could see of it. That is sort of like what is going on with us now...can't get the whole picture and what we see only in part. All WILL get clearer over time! I am finding out my explanations may lack in completeness! Back to the AC having to be off...that is only while I am connecting him and disconnecting him. I have turned on the air for a little before we get going on connecting him...that way I haven't been as hot. Today we got rid of another box. FedEx picked up the faulty dialysis cycler and whether it gets back to its home is questionable. There was no return label. But the driver took it anyway. She said that they had paid for it to be picked up so she figured that someone could figure out where It should be sent! Last night's treatment went very smoothly. There were only to rather quiet beeps telling us that the drain was going slow. I uncurled the tubing and shifted it around and then it started draining properly again. Woody never woke up for the alarm or me messing with the machine. I think as time goes on I will be able to trust the machine! I will say that getting him connected last night went more smoothly than the night before. Maybe one of these days I will feel very comfortable with all the procedures and rules! Our dialysis nur called today checking on us. I was glad to be able to report good news this time! He was supposed to get Woody's one blood pressure med phoned into the pharmacy...and I remembered to check just as it was closing. I will get it for him tomorrow. Woody still feels rather sick at times. He didn't make it through his whole supper tonight before he was sick. i hope that is over with for tonight. All is quiet at the moment! I will head down and gather up all the supplies and start getting things ready. It is easier for me if I do the gathering piecemeal a while before I have to do the actual steps...though the gathering is part of the steps. But it is nice to have those done. We also have to take his vitals prior to the treatment and then again in the morning after it is over. I made him some sweet and nutty protein bars this morning...a Fresenius Kidney Center recipe that I found on the Internet. He needs more protein while doing this type of dialysis and also more potassium. This method tends to pull off good things as well as bad things during the process. He rather liked the protein bars...even asked for another after he was done. Well, off to gather supplies! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Melany said that a class of second graders and their teacher have had to go on quarantine because a child tested positive. The bad thing is that he came back to school after he was tested so exposed everyone for another two days before he got a positive test! Melany is his art teacher...hopefully she didn't have close enough contact with him! And, the Covid19 saga goes on and on and...

No comments:

Post a Comment