Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Two Blogs for the Price of One Today!

I think that I will let the pictures be worth a thousand words for this blog. A little explanation as to what you are seeing once they got put in my living room. The boxes that are in front of the door that goes under the stairs are all the extra supplies. Those have been out elsewhere so we can get in that door...under the stairs houses the kids toys...rarely used these days and also the water heater...I know...not a good place for a water heater, but I didn't choose where it is situated...the house came that way! The boxes along the "stair" wall are all solutions for manual dialysis. That stack got higher as some of the boxes in front of the under the stairs closet were for manual dialysis. We only do manual dialysis in case of power outage or if the machine has a problem...and the way things have been going that may happen next!!! our nurse will ask us to do a manual exchange every so often so we will know how to do dialysis that way when it is necessary. There is now a stack of boxes on the fireplace hearth and the rest of the things are on the shelves of the closet in the family room. Everything is put away or in stacks of like items. The gentleman who delivered was very helpful. He came from south of Birmingham. We were his last delivery. I just got finished gong through e one box of miscellaneous supplies and got them out away. One item is missing...the gloves. I have some from when Woody was having at home IV antibiotics...but I don't like them! They are flimsier than the ones they use at the dialysis center. Hopefully I will get some after I report them missing. I guess when I get done here I will go down and eat a bite of supper...all this sort of takes your appetite away! Then I will begin once again doing what we get to do every night as long as this method works. Here's hoping that tonight goes better than last night...surely the odds are against the cassette being faulty again! At least tonight if we experience the same problem we will cry "uncle" sooner and just do the manual drain and be done with it for the night. Praying that tonight he will get his first complete dialysis treatment and that we will get more sleep than we did last night! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Oh...and...there were more boxes than they said...there were 60 boxes of just one solution. I should have counted...but just too tired to mess with that detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment