Friday, September 25, 2020

Three Months From Today...Say It Isn't So!

Today I got up and Woody was finished with his dialysis and I got him disconnected and did all the things that have to be done after disconnecting him...got everything recorded and we were ready to start our day! Woody headed upstairs to print off his daily crossword puzzles and to check out things on the computer...game scores, etc. I got breakfast ready and we had breakfast after he got downstairs. I got a load of wash into and then out of the dryer and got the put away...well, mostly...I still have a few to put away. I got busy and made another recipe of German Coleslaw...Woody still has some baked beans that he wanted to have slaw with. I got the dishwasher emptied and then put in the slaw dishes. While I was putting away clothes upstairs a friend called and we chatted for a while catching up with each other. While I was talking with her, another friend called and we managed to get connected after I finished my first conversation. So this morning was a time to catch up with friends. Woody and I both attempted naps this afternoon. I may have dozed a little but not for long. I'm not sure about Woody. I know he was reading when I came back downstairs. I came downstairs and did all the preliminary things that have to be done prior to connecting him to the dialysis machine and then managed to get him all connected and the machine running by 4:15...presently he is in the drain part of the first cycle...right on schedule for it to take about 3 hours per cycle. He's reading and watching/listening to the Friday evening news programs. After I got him hooked up, I got supper ready...hamburgers, baked beans, and slaw. He enjoyed his supper. It is so good to see him enjoying food once again. The kitchen is all cleaned up and I'm ready to read or do whatever I feel like this evening...guess I will put away the rest of the clothes first. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! (I'm glad to be back to blogging and posting pictures...I just wish that this format would allow paragraphs!) Tonight's photo is from a barn trip in March of 2019...before all this Covid mess! And, I can't believe that Christmas is three months from today! Where has the year gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment