Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Rolling Right Along

Woody is well underway with tonight's dialysis treatment. The last couple of days have picked up a little "speed" during the 4 drain times. Last night each of the four cycles took three hours or less and he finished in under 12 hours...shortest time so far...I think. We wonder if perhaps his body is starting to respond to the peritoneal dialysis and getting used to the new use of that part of his abdomen for the purpose of dialysis. I happened to be awake when I thought that it might be finishing early this morning and went down to check. It was almost finished and we decided if I was still awake that I would go on and get him disconnected...then I could go back to sleep if I felt like it. This was before 4 and we had breakfast before I headed back upstairs. I did go back to sleep for a while as did Woody. He has had sort of a dozy day off and on. When I woke up, I was ready to head on with my day. Today I decided to experiment with a new sourdough recipe...sourdough dinner rolls. The recipe is a keeper. Woody ate breakfast, but for the rest of the day he has been back in his mode of food not interesting him very much. He has eaten, but probably not gotten the protein that he should. Maybe tomorrow? I continued on going through some papers that had stacked up and did some "file thirteening" this afternoon. Today is a good day to pitch things as tomorrow is garbage day. I also decided to complete my fabric order so I am committing to doing some sewing once again. New fabric inspires...at least it is inspiration for me! Lately I have been sticking to my stash and haven't bought any new fabric. I never had a stash until all the fabric stores in town closed. When they started closing, I bought so I wouldn't be totally out at any point. I have been working on the stash that I accumulated and it was just time to add a little new to the mix! It used to be that I chose a pattern I wanted to make, chose fabric and notions needed for that project, sewed that project, and didn't buy fabric till I was finished with the project. Those days have gone now that I have to depend a lot on the internet to purchase fabric. I have to go on instinct when purchasing online...will coordinates match, etc. Most of the time my purchases have worked out. I can only think of one time that I bought some and it was totally different than what I expected...it had texture and I was expecting a very flat fabric...also expecting something that I could make a suit for a grandson...and it just wasn't for that purpose. It was suiting...but not for the type of little suit that I wanted to make. I believe that I still have that fabric hanging in my fabric closet...one day...maybe...or it will be another's treasure in a yardsale sometime down the road when my children get the fun of clearing out all my sewing stuff when I am no longer around to need it any longer!!!! Woody enjoyed watching a baseball game this afternoon...something to watch while he is hooked up for his dialysis. I guess tonight he will watch the debate. I may listen upstairs on my iPad...but then again, I may not! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment