Monday, August 23, 2021

All Set Up

Look what arrived in the mail yesterday, yes, on Sunday. I can't get used to mail coming on Sunday. My sister, Cheryl, is Johnny on the spot with a Fall gift! Love my three new pumpkins! Good addition to the zinnia bouquet. I'm still deciding on her Fall gift...not as quick on the draw as she is! This morning Woody and I headed off to Fresenius Kidney Center to give them lots of signatures. The appointment didnt take long. After we got home, I turned on Woody's cycler machine and called the nurse and he had me change some of the settings. After that the machine was good to go for his first home dialysis in about three months. While he was gone for the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting, I did the set-up portion for tonight's treatment. Setting up all came back to me easily. Guess it is a little like riding a bike!?! I put the scale in the kitchen door so when he came in from prayer meeting he could weigh on his way to the recliner. He had his shake and relaxed a little after his trip to and from the church. He has taken his blood pressure (have to take it before and after each treatment. The only other vital is his temperature and I was waiting just a bit after his shake to take that. I have recorded everything in our notebook. The solution is heated so when I go back downstairs I will get him connected and get the first of four cycles started. Here's to hoping that the alarms are few to far between...hopefully nonexistent! The only "blooper" that happened was when I opened up the protective covering on the first bag of solution...solution came pouring out! Guess there was a hole in the bag somewhere...I didn't take the time to find it! What a mess to have sugar water pour all over the place! Hoping that is tonight's only glitch! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! We are hearing of more and more folk here in town who have tested positive for Covid. Oh, and, Wade and Melany and Wade's siblings and spouses were able to go back to the burial site on their farm and bury Wade's mother yesterday (Sunday). Melany said that they saw a lot of washed out bridges and at least one vehicle that had washed into the creek along the farm road. She said that the bridges were private bridges into properties, but that some of them were very substantial and were just picked up and washed away. Such a tragedy in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment