Friday, August 6, 2021

Good Day After Surgery

Woody has had quite a good day after surgery. He is hurting some, of course, but he is doing very well. He slept pretty well last night and has taken it easy except when he had to go to dialysis today. I was surprised, but he decided to walk down the ramp to the car using his walker. They did put him in a wheelchair at the dialysis center to take him to his chair and brought him to the car in the wheelchair. And, since it is easier to go down the ramp than go up it, he chose to use the wheelchair to get back in the house. Our thoughtful neighbor came over to spot him as he got into the chair and made sure that I got him going up the ramp okay...I backed him up the ramp again. Worked very well. He is back in his recliner and ready to stay there for the evening! He had a special treat awaiting him when he got home...a peach cobbler! Yum! Thanks, Jo! Jo came over this afternoon the bearer of goodness, the peach cobbler. We had a nice visit. I was glad to sit and visit after my busy morning. First thing...after breakfast...was to go out and water my flowers. I also got the grocery list ready which included downloading lots of e-coupons. I love using e-coupons...love not having to keep up with the paper ones! I made a stop at the public library to pick up a book that I had ordered for Woody...in the end it is for me as I didn't get it finished as an e-book before it was whisked off into cyberspace! I read about half of it on my iPad and now I will finish it as "book in hand!" My next stop was the Credit Union and then I headed off to the grocery store. I hadn't been in about three weeks thanks to my "barn crew." Thanks to Marie and Carolyn, I haven't had to cook this whole week...nice break! I have plans to get some cooking going in the morning. Woody's request of the week is "Jo's Potato Salad" made by me...so Jo will be well represented in our menu this week...her recipe for potato salad and her made-by-her peach cobbler! I have to look up what you are supposed to do to potatoes to deplete the of some of their potassium. What I remember is that you bring them to a boil...boil a short time...then pour off the water and then add more water and boil them till desired doneness. I'll look it up to be sure. We pretty much took potatoes out of his diet when we were trying to avoid dialysis, but lately potatoes are something that he wants...so I will try to make them "better" for him! I am patiently, or to be truthful, impatiently for my camera to arrive back. I got word via email yesterday while I was at the hospital that they had shipped it back and it is supposed to be here tomorrow...sometime. The tracking shows that it is in Georgia...so it is making its way closer to us. It started in Florida...I guess you could say that it has been on a vacation! I just hope that its time away will make it behave better. I'm looking forward to trying it and having it focus correctly. Maybe I will post a photo with my "new/old" camera tomorrow! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment