Friday, August 27, 2021

Successful Shopping Experience!

Last night I completed my Kroger pickup order...chose a time to pick up...paid...and then waited till time to go pick up our groceries. It worked great. He was out loading them into the car and I was on my way home very quickly. From leaving the house to driving back home to carrying them into the house to getting them put away took probably a little over an hour. i did take a break and sat down and rested after I got them put away...before I folded up the bags. The only mistake was a bag of what was supposed to be individually wrapped peppemints, they sent me a bag of mixed hard candies...that do have some peppermints in them...not a major mistake! The laundry detergent thwt I asked for they had to substitute and I had to reject it as I only use one kind...that was easily subtracted from my total. The other substitution was for ground beef and they substituted up a grade and charged me for what I had ordered...came out ahead in that deal! The total bill came to a little more than $10 less than the total I had last night. So all in all a very good experience and I will shop this way again. It definitely saved my back...instead of having to put groceries from shelf into the cart, then lift them out to check out, then lift them out of cart and into the trunk and then take them from the car into the house and then put them away...all I had to do was from trunk to house and put away...cut out a lot of lifting and reaching and bending! Still didnt have a lot of energy left to do much this afternoon! Even though it is very easy to pick and choose the grocery items to out into the virtual cart, it still took me a long time to finalize the order because I wanted to be sure that I hadn't left anything out. I was sure that as soon as I clicked the pay button that I wouod think of something else that we needed! I was pleased to find out that all edible items have the ingredient part of the label posted to be able to check ingredients. The main thing that I look for is sodium content...and several things didn't make it into our cart when I saw the extremely high salt content. Woody has had a restful day. We are both enjoying not having to head out of the house so often for appointments...subtracting the three hemodialysis appointments each week has really freed up a lot of time. It has also made me confused as to what day it is! Plus lately I had been grocery shopping on Saturday...so today has seemed like Saturday to me. About the time we get a routine going again and days make sense again, something else will probably be on the calendar and we will have to retrain our brains to what happens on what day! Our friends, who tested positive for Covid yesterday, had the monoclonal antibody infusion today. They are already thinking that they feel some better! Three schools in our daughter's county school district announced today that they were going to temporarily close next week tryin to get teachers and kids back from quarantining. Melany and Brooke's schools, in that county, were not part of the closings...yet. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment