Friday, August 20, 2021

Next Week’s Appointments are Stacking Up

I knew that we had several appointments next week and they were pretty well spread out. BUT today I received a confirmation call from Vanderbilt about two appointments that we knew nothing about. Well, we did know that we were seeing Woody's melanoma surgeon who is affiliated with Vanderbilt. But according to the appointment that I stood with the appointment maker when she made it, it was to be next Friday and at his Franklin office instead of Vanderbilt since Franklin is easier to get to than Nashville. Well the confirmation call today was about two appointments at Vanderbilt this coming Wednesday...not Friday. I'm thinking that the doctor took it into his own hands...he is very proactive about all Woody's conditions...and decided after communicating with Dr. Eze, Woody's Tullahoma oncologist, that they would be injecting the melanoma on Woody's arm with immunotherapy drugs. That treatment has to happen at Vanderbilt so he set it up to see himself first and then the doctor who will be doing the injection therapy on the same day. We decided to leave the new appointments as they are set up. About appointments stacking up: Wednesday morning, Woody goes to TN Oncology for labs, to see Dr. Eze, and get his next Keytruda infusion. A lot to happen on one day! But it looks like they are spaced out enough that it will be doable. So next week's appointments that had been spread out are now all on two days of the week. We will probably need the no appointment days to recooperate! Today has been a nice stay-at-home day. We'll gladly take more of those! I had been waiting for a package that I ordered last week and it kept being moved off a day for its delivery. It finally got here today. It had a couple of cushions...one for Woody's new wheels and one for my sewing chair. It also had water filters for our refrigerator. That was one of my accomplishments today...changing the water filter. I've also done a couple of loads of wash...one which needs to be taken out of the drier when I go back downstairs. I have even done a little sewing today. One of the items that I got in my package today was a new rotary cutter as the one I had like this one broke. I am working on making a pillow out of a cross stitch piece...slow but sure. I had started it a while back and didn't like the way it looked so I began back at square one (not the cross stitch)...making it into a pillow top. I am in the mood to do a little sewing. I have several projects that I need to get motivated to work on. A friend stopped by today with the flowers in tonight's blog photo and also brought us a jar of local blueberry jam that she bought at the farmer's market. Thanks, Glynda! Melany just called. They are on the way back home after the visitation for Wade's mom. Her funeral and burial is tomorrow. We hate that we can't go to support them at this time, but it just isn't feasable for us to go the distance or take a risk of getting exposed to covid (even with Woody having both his vaccines and me one of mine)..which is rearing its ugly head around here at a higher level once again. I am hearing of more and more cases. On that note: Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment