Saturday, August 14, 2021

Sad News to Share

An hour or two after I blogged last night, Melany called to let us know that Wade's mom was being taken back to the hospital for what they thought at the time was low oxygen levels. Her assisted living expected them to give her oxygen at the hospital and then when her levels were better she would go back to them and that she would probably come home on oxygen. Well, that wasn't what happened. She lost consciousness while on the way to the hospital in the ambulance. Wade and Melany met them at the hospital. After the doctor examined her, he determine that it was septis and that it was very bad and he didn't give Wade and Melany much hope. As far as I know she never regained consciousness. Melany texted me a little before 5am that she had passed away a short time before. So sad and so unexpected. Wade had talked to his mother at 6pm and had no idea that she was sick...just that her broken arm was hurting her. Just goes to show that we just don't know from one moment to the next what is going to happen in our lives. After getting the text from Melany, I did doze back off until my alamr went off about 45 minutes later. Woody had dialysis this morning and they asked him to be there by 7:15. I dropped him off and then came home and fixed myself a cup of tea and headed out to the front porch with my camera. I sat for quite a while out there...it was very pleasant...the temperature was quite cool and since it was cool the humidity wasn't bad...or at least didn't feel bad. I sat there and watched the birds and also the antics of the rescally squirrels. I had two different kinds of hummingbirds visit and I managed to capture several pictures. It was a nice peaceful morning...and hinted a bit that Fall is around the corner. I continued to pick up things around the house...this time worked at clearing off my sewing cutting table...again...it never stays clear very long. It seems to be the place that I place things that don't have a home...then it takes me a while to find a home so they stay there longer than they should. I have couple of projects that I want to work on so would like to have it clear so I can do them...and I can say that it is in much better shape and that I can actually work on it now. I have read a little and I napped this afternoon. Woody said that he napped this afternoon, too. He ended up doing his crossword puzzles at dialysis this morning. Hopefully they helped him pass the long four hours. I have the dialysis solution warming so I can do the PD flush in a little while. The flushes are going great. It definitely looks promising that the PD dialysis will be starting up at home again as soon as the surgeon and PD dialysis folk say the word. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment