Saturday, August 28, 2021

Slow Saturday

Simetimes I feel like we are hanging on by our toes like this little fella! Note the squirrel on the limb behind him...waiting his turn...or is he waiting for his friend to fall?!? Once again not a lot has happened around here...guess we are being a bit lazy since we don't have to be up and out of the house for any appointments. We did have a call from a scheduler at Vanderbilt...an actual person rather than a robot call! She was trying to figure out our appointments. I explained that for the moment the only appointment that we needed was with Dr. Wyman this coming week and then we would go from there after we saw Wyman. She said that she would take us off the call reminders list...we'll see! I had planned to cook today, but put it off as Woody had something else in mind for his lunch! He had been wanting a DQ Blizzard...so we headed off to run a couple of errands ending with a stop at the DQ. He hasn't had many "treats" lately so figured that this little indulgence would be okay. We stopped at the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions for both of us and I had to get a package of 3-inch qauze sponge pads that we use when setting up his dialysis and also as dressings where his catheter site enters his abdoman...that dressing is changed daily. The Fresenius distribution supply place was out of them and who knows when they may or may not ship them to us and we were close to being out. That task accomplished at the pharmacy, we headed on to the Credit Union and then on to the DQ. I wasn't going to get a Blizzrd, but then decided that I would get a small one...well, mine was very disappointing...it was no more than a Wendy's Frosty...they didn't put any of the Heath candy bar in to make a Heath Blizzard! We were home and settled into the house when I discovered the error...but didn't feel like heading out over that. I did do an email on the DQ website to let them know of the error. We will see what happens! So far just a "we're sorry" and that they have sent it to our DQ. I am in the process of getting the wash caught up...towels today. After I blog, I will fold the dish towels and that task will be done till next time! Woody's dialysis treatment for tonight is all set up so the solution can warm up. We plan to get his dialysis started a little earlier tonight since he needs to be up and away for Sunday School in the morning. It's his turn to teach the class in the morning. I have napped some this afternoon. I think that the heat has made me lazy. We are expected to get some of the rain from Ida the first of the week...maybe that will break this spell of hot weather we have been having. Woody watched some of the games of the Little League World Series today...only problem...it was all in Spanish and he was on ABC. We have no idea why...all commercials were in English. Strange. And, all other programming was and is in English...so I don't think that a wrong button on the remote was clicked...who knows! Woody has done his crossword puzzles...I even did one of the ones he does on my ipad after I printed his off while I ate breakfast. He has read some and watched TV and did drive us on our adventure to the pharmacy, credit union, and DQ. I plan to either read or cross stitch after I get his dialysis treatment going in a little while. And, that about sums up our day. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment