Saturday, August 21, 2021

The Day Woody Has Been Awaiting

The day that Woody has looked forward to for some time (really 3 months) finally arrived today...he had his last hemodialysis treatment at least for the time being. He has been pretty wiped out since getting home...but at least those three-times-a-week trips are behind for him for the moment. The nurses told him that he will feel better when he is on peritoneal dialysis. Now if the PD treatments will just go as well as the flushes have gone. We will find out Monday night. It has been a very rainy, stormy day. This is the first time that we needed an umbrella to get Woody to the car during these three months. There was a big boom of thunder just as he was standing up from the transport chair to transfer into the car. I think that he may have moved a little faster than usual to get himself seated. The storms didn't bode well for Wade, Melany and family for the funeral and burial. The area of TN that they were heading to happened to get a huge amount of rain overnight...9-12 inches! There was a lot of flooding in the McEwen/Dickson area. The funeral was in Dickson and the burial was to be on the family farm. The farm road was under water so the burial had to be postponed. Melany said that there weren't many at the funeral due to the weather conditions. She said that just prior to getting to the funeral home they were getting messages on their phones about flooding conditions and to stay home and not be out and about! After the funeral, the families of the three brothers all went to Wade's brother's house in Spring Hill and visited this afternoon. Melany texted me after they got back home saying that the burial will take place tomorrow. We are getting reports that lives have been lost due to the devastating flooding. I hope that things have calmed down by tomorrow...I'm sure that if they haven't that the funeral home will let them know. Our area of TN didn't get the immense amount of rain that they did in that area. I'm sure that our rivers and streams are up because we have certainly gotten rain over the last few days. My plants are happy and I am happy that I don't have to go out to water them. Just got an alert that there are more storms entering our area. So I guess it isn't over yet. Next week is supposed to be drier and along with it being drier, the temperatures are supposed to be on the rise. I got a few things done around the house while Woody was at dialysis today...All three bathrooms have mopped floors as well as the kitchen. I was planning to wash towels today, but that hasn't gotten done and I think I will wait till tomorrow to throw them in the washer. Rain just starting...again. I worked a little on the pillow top that I am making. I cut a long strip of the next fabric that I'm planning to use...so slowly but surely it is getting made. I'm not in a rush...so guess I have given myself permission to take my time! Well, it is 8pm...time to go down and flush the PD catheter line...only one more night to do that and then we will be back to nightly connecting to the PD cycler machine...another change in routine...but at least a routine that we know pretty well...just vered off the path of that routine for the last three months. I think that it will all come back to me pretty quickly! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment