Wednesday, August 11, 2021

And…More Good News

First good news was that Woody didn't have anywhere to go today. The fact that there wasn't anywhere to early...I could go to bed last night and not set an alarm. Today, being Wednesday and considering it has been a while since I didn't need to be somewhere else, Donna and I could work at the church library...together. The good news from the library is that perseverance won out...a printer was found that is compatible with our computer and that they talked together as soon as they were connected! Donna and I were told the good news on Sunday so today we went to check things out and see if it wouod print our labels. And, it did! So labels await our next work day. After I left the library I made a quick trip to WalMart before I went home. Our birds will be happy that I made that stop! I went home to get the dialysis solution warming up using a heating pad...not the most effective way to heat it...so glad that most of the time we will be back to having the machine do the heating. But with manual flushes/exchanges the way we are told to heat the solution is with the heating pad they provided. The next good news was that we were successful in doing our first at home flushing of Woody's peritoneal dialysis catheter...went very well Awe are so glad that it is working so well. we will do this every day till the surgeon says that he can start back on peritoneal dialysis. We see him next week and I think that it won't be long after that that we will be back to doing dialysis daily right here in our own home. Now we may have one piece of news that isn't great...I just got a message from Melany saying that Wade was on the way to the hospital to be with his mom. She fell at her assisted living and she is being checked to see if she has broken anything. I'll close and check in with Melany to see if she has an update. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment