Thursday, August 26, 2021

Is It Thursday?

It's a bit harder to keep days straight now that Woody doesn't have three hemodialysis treatments a week. Today I asked if he was missing his trips for hemodialysis and he looked at the clock and reaized that it was both Thursday and a little after 11am...day and time that he has been going for dialysis. Can you guess his answer? I imagine that your guess is right...his answer was "no." Our days have really calmed down quite a lot. We continue to be concerned with rapid rise of Covid cases in our area. Today we found out that the entire family across the street has Covid. I noticed that the daddy's work truck hadn't left this week so I wondered. Woody thought vacation. I thought Covid. Unfortunately I won that guessing game. Our friends that I mentioned last night went for rapid Covid tests today and both tested positive. They finally after jumping through a lot of hoops got an appointment for monoclonal antibody infusions tomorrow. And they had both of their vaccinations...in February and March. One of Melany's comtemporaries posted on Facebook this morning that two classmates of hers had died of Covid and one had checked into a hospital in Nashville yesterday due to pneumonia caused by Covid. Melany told me that her school is being hard hit...classroom size is dwindling due to sick chilcren. She only had 5 kindergarten children in one of her K- art classes today...I believe that usually there are close to 20. We have decided since it seems to be here, that I will order our groceries online and then go pick them up...a new experience for me! Being a first time and me trying to figure it out, it is almost as exhausting as going to the store! I still haven't finalized the order...will do that later or in the morning. They do make it easy to buy the items you usually buy...my often purchased items are right there in a list...that part did make it easy. I had already clipped e-coupons so it looks like those will be applied. We will see what we get when I pick them up...hope not too much substituting! I had trouble putting too much produce in my cart...as I would prefer to pick my own produce. Did add some so we will see what kind of a job they do. Sweet Abigail came by today for treats for her Grammy and Goosey. She brought me a Sonic Strawberry Limeade (she knows her Grammy loves those!) and she brought Goosey an order of tater tots and he seemed to enjoy them...anyway they disappeared...usually a good sign! Well, it is time to get Woody's dialysis going for tonight. So far things are going pretty well with him back on peritoneal dialysis. He is having some alarms, but still seems to be getting some sleep. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment