Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Wednesday

It was good that Woody didn't have his Vanderbilt appointments this afternoon. His morning time at TN Oncology ran longer than usual and we would have been hard pressed to get to his first Vandy appointment on time. I didn't go with Woody this morning as I was still waiting on the dialysis supply delivery. The delivery man called just as Woody was getting into the car. And the big truck pulled up 5 or 10 minutes after he left. It was a new delivery person and I found out that now the shipments originate out of Knoxville. Before they originated out of Alabama. It didn't take long for him tonget our supplies in the house. He was a very thorough delivery person. He scanned the boxes that were already here to check the experation dates and told me to reorder some on my next order as they will expire in October. He told me that they will pick up the expired boxes of solution. The ones that are expiring are the solutios bags for manual dialysis...thakfully we haven't had to do many manual exchanges other than the flushes prior to getting back on PD. Fresenius is a very well-oiled machine! It really is impressive. After he left, I got all the loose supplies that were delivered put away. And, I vacuumed the family room. Then i was ready to plop in my recliner for a while! When Woody got home he felt pretty tired so I got the wheelchair and wheeled him back into the house. It is really nice to have the transport chair...so much easier to maneuver. This afternoon I learned that a dear friend and her husband have breaktrough Covid. She started getting her symptoms last night and was feeling pretty rough. Her husband isn't, or wasn't when we messaged each other, feeling as badly as she. Feel better quickly, dear friends! I also learned that one of Kathy's nieces has tested positive for Covid. We are just seeing more and more cases. I am ready to cut out the back for the pillow that I have been working on slowly...there is a chance that it will be finished yet! Not really in a hurry. i'm enjoying the process. I made a fabric order last week. it got shipped in two shipments. The last shipment arrived today. I have quite a lot of sewing ahead of me. Should keep me out of trouble for a while! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Those Covid germs are out where you least expect them! Now, to end on a happy note...as in HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our oldest grandchild, Erin Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment