Monday, January 17, 2022

A Black-And-White World…Again

This photo was taken out our kitchen window just before dark yesterday. We didn't get the predicted amount of snow, but did get some. They cancelled church due to the prediction of when it was supposed to be arriving...during our arrival at church and throughout the time we would have been there. It did start yesterday between 7 and 8am, but for us it never got much beyond freezing rain and the temperatures remained high enough that we mainly had a lot of rain. we would have definitely been snowed in if all that rain had been snow! The roads cleared off pretty quickly today...but yards and shady areas still have snow on/in thrm tonight. Our ramp is covered with an inch or more of snow and/or ice...I didn't go out to see which! We have stayed in all day...not even opening the door...no mail...so no reason to go out! Woody and his prayer group texted each other this afternoon and chose not to go tonight...a good thing since Woody holds the key to get them in at the church and we are considering the back of our house (the ramp) has, at least, him snowed/iced in! I can get out the front door or garage door, but his access in and out is blocked till the temperatures rise a bit...or the sun shines hotly on the back of our house. But that isn't a problem as he has no appointments till late in the week. The order I made for over-the-counter meds is to arrive tomorrow, as are his high protein shakes...we are out of them. I got notifiication that something is coming UPS tomorrow, I'm thinking that it is the renal high protein shakes that we are supposed to get monthly that didn't arrive last month...if that is the case we should have plenty after the mail arrives tomorrow! I enjoyed the quiet and not going anywhere yesterday and today and have stitched quite a bit. Today I finished another ornament and this one is "tree ready!" Stitching on a cold wintry day is something that I really like to do! Yesterday I also finished stitching the sampler that I have been working on. So I am coming right along with my cross stitch...so far this year I have completed three things...2 ornaments and 1 sampler. Well, time to get Woody's dialysis treatment set up. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Here's the sampler: Town Square:

No comments:

Post a Comment