Thursday, January 13, 2022

Thursday

We were given a lot of fresh pineapple so I went looking for a recipe using fresh pineapple. I found one for Fresh Pineapple Upside Down Cake. We both enjoyed a piece this afternoon. I also got my hair cut this afternoon. I had planned a WalMart run after my haircut, but changed my mind and ended up ordering the things that I was going to get from Amazon...trying to avoid stores at the moment since there is so much Covid out there. We'll see how that order goes. I ordered Woody's Boost drinks that are the base of his high protein shakes. It is recommended that we get the ones for diabetics, as they have less additives in them. The glucose control Boosts aren't always easy to find. Of course, we are supposed to get a box of renal boost-type drinks each month, but something happened and we never got our shipment last month. We'll address that when we go next week for his appointment with the dialysis doctor and team which includes the nutritionist. Normally we only have to supplement with the Boost a few days out of the month. But this time he has been drinking them for several weeks and our supply has dwindled. I have Woody's dialysis all set up for tonight's treatment so will head down and see if he is ready for it to begin when I finish publishing this. I hope to get to stitch tonight, but I don't know...I'm pretty tired...I might fall asleep putting the stitches in...sometimes that motion can be sort of hypnotizing. My mother used to fall asleep while doing needlepoint and would continue to put in stitches for a while and then have to take out those stitches when she woke up! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment