Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Busy, Busy Wednesday

It seems like there has been something going on from getting up to now as we are trying to settle into the night. I decided that I would take advantage of delivery from Kroger as they cut their delivery fee down to $1...good time to try it. There have been several items that I could not get with a pick-up order that I could get with a delivery order. It went quite well. It was on my front porch 1-1/2 hours after I ordered and I asked it to be delivered in a two-hour window. One of the things that I got was a whole hen so decided that I would roast it right away as I need some chicken for a soup that I want to make...it's a soup that Woody doesn't care for and since he rejects anything that has chicken in it, I decided that I would make it just for me. The chicken managed to be finished cooking before it was time to take Woody to his oncology appointment to see the doctor and to get his next Keytruda treatment. While I was waiting for the chicken to cook, I got the order together for Woody's dialysis supplies. I planned to make the call to order them when I got home from taking Woody for his appointment...hoping that I would be through with the order in a two-hour time span...no such luck. I was on hold for 1-1/2 hours and finally punched the number to have them call me back, when I got the call that Woody was ready to head home. My call never got returned. This is the first time since Woody started home dialysis that I haven't been able to make the order on the day that was assigned to me. Oh, well, tomorrow is another day and I don't plan to wait for them to call, but will call once I have Woody disconnected and have fed him breakfast. While I waited on hold, I helped a friend in Michigan try to figure out a problem with her machine embroidery. Then I took apart the first neck warmer that I attempted to make yesterday...sewed the seams in the wrong order...oops! So I seam ripped out all the serged seams and then went to the serger and serged the seams in the correct order...so undid and redid...all while waiting on hold. I still have a small seam to sew by hand and Woody will have another neck warmer...he seems to like wearing them...makes him warmer...even in the house! Woody's oncologist wants Woody to see the surgeon about the melanoma tumor on his arm...as it continues to grow. Removing it surgically won't be a cure...but will help Woody as it is getting very large and always getting bumped. I have trouble covering it with a bandage it is so large now. While I waited for the dialysis order folk to return my call, I cut the chicken from the bone and got it put in the refrigerator so I can make soup tomorrow. By that time it was time to fix Woody's supper shake and find something for me to eat. This evening I have again messaged with my sewing friend in Michigan. She is still having problems. As soon as I blog and get Woody's dialysis I will see if she has messaged me any more. Hard to help from so far away...and, we don't have the same machine so that doesn't help either. Hers is the same brand as mine and the model before mine...so not all that removed, but still! I hope to put in a few stitches on my cross stitch tonight. This week I am alternating days stitching a sampler and stitching a Christmas ornament. Tonight I will work a little on the ornament. I am ready to sink into my recliner tonight! I have heard of several more people that I know who have tested positive for Covid and at least one who plans to get tested tomorrow. We did order our four free Covid tests as soon as it was possible to order them...at least we will have them if and when we need to! Hoping that they just sit on the shelf! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment